- 47 CFR Part 97.1 --the FCC's official reasons for establishing the Amateur Radio Service
- The Amateur's Code --first published in 1928 and still the standard of conduct we all should strive to meet
- K0WA's Web Site -- If you have been in the hobby for years and don't know Lee, you do not know CW. Lee is a truly unique individual.
- Alinco --calling themselves the value leader in Amateur Radio equipment
- Allied Electronics --still at 100 N Western Ave, Chicago, after all these years
- Anderson Power Products --makers of the Powerpole Connector
- Antique Electronic Supply --tubes and more
- Bencher, Inc --high quality iambic paddles and Butternut antennas and filters
- Buddipole --portable dipole systems
- Cable X-Perts --coax cable, connectors, etc
- dBj Radio and Electronics --home boys from Jamestown NC
- Down East Microwave --equipment for UHF and beyond
- DZ Kits --home of the Sienna transceiver
- Elecraft --makers of the famous K1, K2 and K3 transceivers
- Electronics USA --makers of Whiterook keys and keyers
- Fair Radio Sales --military surplus since 1947
- FAR Circuits --PC boards for most published ham radio projects
- Gap Antenna --home of antennas and the "Hear It" DSP products
- Harbor Freight --"America's favorite tool store"
- Hendricks QRP Kits --affordable QRP kits at exceptional value
- ICOM - maker of the highly popular IC-706
- K1EL Kits --kits for Morse keyers and more
- KD1JV Designs --innovative QRP kits and projects
- MFJ --tuners, antenna analyzers, etc
- MoeTronix --home of the DVDongle
- Morse Express --fine keys from all over the world
- Northern Tool & Equipment --where warriors prepare for battle
- Oak Hills Research --QRP kits (great wattmeter and dummy load kits)
- Ocean State Electronics --components, kits, hardware and tools, etc.
- Paddlette --paddles for portable Morse operation
- PolyPhaser --lightning protection for the shack by people who know what they're talking about
- QRPme --transmitters and receivers you build using tuna cans as chassis
- Radio Shack -- small parts availability
- Ramsey Electronics --both fun and serious kits and supplies
- The SignMan of Baton Rouge --custom monogramming from Rick N5VA
- SteppIR --antennas that tune themselves
- Tarheel Antennas --local home of the screwdriver antenna
- Ten-Tec --high quality radio equipment made in USA
- Tigertronics --home of SignaLink digital interface products and more
- Ventenna --VHF and UHF antennas disguised as pvc vent pipes
- Vibroplex --over a hundred years of quality Morse code keys and bugs, now owned by W4OA
- VIZ Keys --quality Morse keys and bugs by K4VIZ
- Weather Vane Antenna --functional weather vanes that are stealth VHF and UHF antennas
- West Mountain Radio --home of the RIGblaster
- The Wireman --supplier of wire, coax, connectors, etc
- Yaesu --maker of the FT ("Fox-Tango") line of radio
If you found this site helpful and interesting, please return the favor by linking to the site so more people find more links in an easy to read page.
Computer Security / Free Software
- Apache Open Office -- free alternative to MS Office as you now only get the application for a year or per-processor
- Avast -- Free and paid anti-virus program by ALWIL Software. Yours truly, the web designer has used Avast for over 10yrs. Protects Macs and those using Windows XP and newer. Also protects Smartphones.
- Blur - Get the Blur add-on to save passwords, mask e-mails, auto-fill forms, sync your browsers. Premium version makes back-up and sync a snap on multiple devices. An Abine service.
- Deleteme - You can try the DIY removal on these sites. A premium service that deletes personal information such as e-mails, phone numbers, home address, personal and home pictures from sites listed here. Another Abine service.
- doPDF -- free program that creates PDFs from your documents. Print when needed. Saves paper.
- DuckDuckGo - Go to the Duck Side! Available for all browsers. Make it your default Search Engine. Available in the Chrome Store and Mozilla extensions. Use bangs to search safely within DDG. Use Google = !g and 10k others
- Eraser -- free program to erase files or even an entire hard drive
- Firefox -- The most popular and secure browser prior to Chrome with frequent security updates. Post v55, only add-ons in release channel will work. Old add-ons become Legacy.
- GreenPrint -- free software to save those wasted sheets of printer paper that only have one line on them
- HDD Health -- free software to warn you if your hard drive's fixin' to die
- HDMI Splitter -- HDMI splitter to multiple sources
- HTTPS Everywhere -- Forces your browser to use the https links if any site has SSL set up. EFF is the official start of HTTPS Everywhere after the initial Snowden revelations of US citizen snooping by the NSA.
- Internet Privacy Guide - How to clean your social media history and how-to clear every internet browsers search and browsing history. From GoldenFrog VyprVPN.
- Multimon -- run up to three monitors on your computer with different taskbars on each with this free software
- Nitro PDF Reader -- Don't let the name fool you! Mark-up and fill in PDF forms with this loaded software. Version 3+ available for Windows x86 and x64 opens and fills in Acrobat Reader files!
- PortableApps -- work from any Windows computer with these applications you carry with you on a flash drive
- Privacy Badger - Another must-have from the people at EFF, an add-on for every web browser to block cookies and ads
- Protonmail - Free and paid e-mail account with end-to-end encryption. Two-factor authentication [ 2FA ] for your safety. Hosted in Switzerland. Free from EU and US law.
- QuadLock Unit Converter -- instantly convert between different units of measurement
- Reactor Server -- run your own web portal with this free Apache distro
- Snapfiles -- One of the largest link collections of freeware software updated without the download gimmicks. I point you to the free stuff, you can switch to shareware.
- Thunderbird -- The Mozilla supported e-mail client that is also the only free client that you can add encryption. Other options are dis-posable e-mail accounts.
- Tor -- You are now free to browse the Internet with more security. You are never anonymous.
- Ubuntu Linux -- free Linux distro (based upon Debian) to start you opening doors instead of going through Windows
- VeraCrypt - VeraCrypt is a free open source disk encryption software for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
- That One Privacy Site
- Detailed VPN Comparison Chart - Outdated in some cases
- vpnMentor Best (& Worst) VPNs -
- vpnMentor Guide to Online Privacy
- Zelscope -- turn your PC into a dual-trace 'scope with this free-for-individual-use software
- Alternative Energy News -- news and info resources about renewable energy technologies
- Adventures of Zack and Max --ham radio comix and coloring books for downloading
- Amateur Television Quarterly --its name says it all
- Antique Radio Classified --national monthly publication for buyers and sellers of old radios
- ARRL Audio Letter --the League's weekly update in MP3 format
- ARRL Publications --includes RSGB titles, too
- ARRL VE Manual --become an official ARRL Volunteer Examiner if you hold a General Class ticket or higher
- The Art and Skill of Radiotelegraphy by William Pierpont N0HFF --a fascinating and informative downloadable book
- Astronomy Magazine --the world's best-selling astronomy magazine
- Computer Pilot --the PC flight simulator pilot's magazine
- "Dummies" Books --including "Ham Radio for Dummies"
- Electric Radio --classy monthly magazine about vintage Amateur Radio equipment
- Electronics and Radio Today --an e-zine resource for info on radio and electronics
- Fly RC --the leading radio control airplane magazine
- Ham Radio Now TV with Gary Pierce KN4AQ
- The K9YA Telegraph --web based newsletter e-zine, free subscription
- Library of Congress --your tax dollars at work!
- Make Magazine --technology on your own time
- Marine Amateur Radio Guide --published by the US Power Squadrons
- Microwave Antenna Handbook --by W1GHZ
- Model Rocket Maintenance and Technology
- NCJ --"National Contest Journal" bimonthly publication of ARRL whose name speaks for itself
- Nuts and Volts --the magazine for the electronics hobbyist
- Optical Through the Air Communications --a handbook of practical information
- Project Gutenberg --a 53,000 free e-books for you to enjoy
- QEX --a forum for communications experimenters, a bimonthly publication of ARRL
- QST --the official monthly journal of Amateur Radio since 1915, included with ARRL membership
- QST Searchable Archive --from 1917 through 2004, for ARRL members
- Robots Magazine --hobby, science and consumer robots
- Rockets Magazine --the official magazine of the Tripoli Rocketry Association
- RadCom --monthly publication of the RSGB, included with RSGB membership
- Radio Amateur Information Network --producer of the weekly "RAIN Report"
- Scatterpoint --publication for the microwave enthusiast from the UK Microwave Group
- Schematic Magazine --online electronics circuit projects for everyone
- Servo Magazine --covering the world of personal robotics
- SKCC Centurion --official newsletter of the Straight Key Century Club
- Sky and Telescope --the essential magazine of astronomy
- Sport Rocketry Magazine --subscription included with NAR membership
- This Week in Amateur Radio --an "up-to-the-minute" news magazine of the airwaves
- USMC Field Antenna Handbook (PDF) --military guide to antenna selection and use in situ (192 pages!)
- Worldradio Magazine
- World Radio TV Handbook --directory of global LW, MW, SW and FM broadcasting